Sidley is pleased to share the June 2021 issue of Sidley Perspectives on M&A and Corporate Governance, a quarterly newsletter designed to keep you current on what we consider to be the most important legal developments involving M&A and corporate governance matters.
- Interlocking Directorate Considerations in M&A and Proxy Contests
- COVID-19 Vaccination Program Considerations for Employers and Boards
- Business and Politics: When Should Companies Take a Public Position?
- “Chalking Up a Victory for Deal Certainty,” Delaware Court of Chancery Orders That Contested Merger Close
- Delaware Court of Chancery Denies Corwin Cleansing in Light of Sales Process Concerns
CORPORATE GOVERNANCE DEVELOPMENTS
- Ninth Circuit Reversal Revives a Constitutional Challenge to California’s Board Gender Diversity Law
- Momentum Continues to Build for Mandatory ESG Disclosures
- SEC Staff Will Not Enforce Trump-Era Proxy Voting Advice Guidance and Rules While It Considers Further Action
- SEC Enhances Focus on Rule 10b5-1 Plans — What Should Companies Do Now?
- SEC Reopens Comment Period for Universal Proxy; Sidley Submits Comment Letter Recommending Limitations on “Proxy Access on Steroids”
If you have any questions regarding this issue of Sidley Perspectives or suggestions for topics to be covered in future issues, please contact the Sidley lawyer with whom you usually work or Claire Holland, the editor of the newsletter, at firstname.lastname@example.org.